Still hanging on…
Everyone’s doing wrap-ups and I have a few minutes before the last couple of sessions, so here goes (totally unstructured):
- Things seemed to run phenomenally smoothly, compared to some of my memories. Good job, INFORMS staff!
- The BBQ was pretty passable. Definitely among the better receptions in recent history. (I know, BBQ is a matter of taste and regional bias so at least some folks will disagree vehemently. De gustibus non disputandum est.)
- It’s still not all that easy being green. But Tuesday afternoon, Bjarni Kristjannson tweeted an announcement of a prototype mobile conference app. It’s kind of buggy and still has a ways to go before I would give up my printed bulletin (even as heavy as it is), but it’s a compelling proof of concept.
- Big conferences have advantages and disadvantages. Lots of interesting talks and activities at a large meeting, but people are scattered all across the area.
- Surely we can do a better job of de-conflicting the schedule. We’re OR professionals, after all.
- I spend too much time in the exhibit hall and not enough time at sessions. Or maybe not. I got to talk to lots of interesting folks at the COIN-OR booth. Hopefully, they will find our tools useful (and report back to us).
Safe travels home, y’all.