Badges Required for Technical Sessions
INFORMS International badges must be worn to all sessions and events. Badges will be checked at the entrance to technical session areas. Attendees without badges will be directed to the registration desk to register and pick up their badges. All attendees, including speakers and session chairs, must register and pay the registration fee.
The printed program you receive in Hawaii will list room locations for all sessions and events, as well as provide floor plans. All meeting events including technical sessions, exhibits, Sunday evening Welcome Reception, and Monday evening General Reception will be held at the Hilton Waikoloa Village.
All session rooms will be equipped with LCD (computer) projectors. Before you depart for Hawaii please review these instructions:
- Bring your laptop PC to your session. We supply the projector, but we DO NOT supply the computer.
- Bring your AC power adaptor with you. There will be convenient AC power in every session room.
- If you use a MAC, bring the connector to the LCD (MAC specific dongle). We do not supply these connectors.
- Arrive at your session at least 15 minutes before it begins. All presenters in a session should set up and test the connection to the projector before the session begins.
- Do NOT attempt to run your presentation off the laptop battery, no matter how trustworthy.
How to Navigate the Meeting
When you pick up your registration materials in Hawaii, you’ll receive the printed program with four resources:
- The technical session listing is presented chronologically by day/time, showing each session and the paper/authors within each session.
- The Master Track is an overview of the tracks (general topic areas) and their time/locations.
- Floor plans that show you where technical session tracks are located
- Three cross-references indices: authors, session chairs, and sessions.
- Please note that full abstracts will not be printed in the program. They will be available on the online program search and in a .pdf of the program on the website and on the mobile app.
The Session Code
Each session is identified with a code – for example, MB25.
The first letter is the day of the week.
The second letter is the time block (A = 8:00-9:30am; B = 10:00-11:30am (11:00am-12:30pm on Mon. and Tues.); C = 1:30-3:00pm (12:30-2:00pm on Sunday); D = 3:30-5:00pm.
The number is the track, which correlates with room location.
To Find Your Own Session
Use the Author Index at the back of the printed program – the session code for your presentation(s) will be shown. Then refer to the full session listing for the location of your session(s).
All attendees, including speakers and session chairs, must register and pay the registration fee.
By now, all authors have received emails directing them to the online program for the date and time of their presentation(s).
Making Your Presentation
Go to the registration area and pick up your INFORMS International Meeting Program, name badge and other registration materials. The room and location of your session will be listed in the Technical Sessions section of the meeting program and in the Master Track Schedule.
- Arrive at your session at least 15 minutes early for A/V set-up.
- Limit your presentation to key issues with a brief summary.
- Time your presentation to fit within your designated time span (determined by the number of speakers presenting in that session), leaving time for audience questions.
- Bring copies of your paper or other handouts to distribute to the audience.
Session Chair Guidelines
The role of the Chair is to coordinate the smooth running of the session. The Chair:
- Begins and ends each session on time. Each session lasts 90 minutes, with the time per presentation determined by the number of papers in the session. Equal time should be given to each paper.
- Introduces each presentation (just the title of the paper and the name of the presenting author).
- Ensures that presentations are made in the order shown in the program.This allows for “session jumping.” If a speaker cancels or does not attend, the original time schedule should be adhered to rather than sliding every talk forward.
- Completes the session attendance form (forms will be in the room).
If your guest would like to accompany you to the major social events, you can purchase a guest ticket. Go to the registration desk to register your guest.