Both the Financial and Healthcare industries are undergoing fundamental changes. The rapid advances of AI and Blockchain, Cloud, and IOT technologies and their applications are disrupting the current business models. With FinTech, we are seeing a convergence of the healthcare and the financial services. Whoever can crack the code for the future of finance and healthcare will have an unfair competitive advantage and the race is on!
Future Finance and Healthcare Hackathon is a hackathon for showcasing the emerging applications of analytics, AI, data science, and blockchain in the Financial and Healthcare industries. Anyone who is zealous for future finance and healthcare with brilliant ideas, progressive thinking, and active practicing are welcome to participate!
This 54-hour hackathon will be held on June 15-17, 2018 prior to the 2018 INFORMS International Conference: A Better World through O.R., Analytics and AI. Participants will have opportunities to build and then demo innovation-driven applications in competition for more than USD10,000 in front of OR, AI, analytics, and data science professionals in the world.
The Future Finance and Healthcare Hackathon is being held in Taipei, a city ranked as one of the most high-tech cities in the world and retains the top spot in Global Open Data Index. It is the right place to get your hands on Finance/Healthcare and hack into diverse challenges such as wealth management, lending, capital raising, UBI, IOT-enabled healthcare, long-term care, assisted living applications for seniors, etc., for a better world.
APIs and platforms that accelerate the prototype development will be available during the Hackathon. Before starting development, participants can join panels hosted by FinTech and/or healthcare experts to exchange ideas. Food and drink will be available during the competition to provide energy for hacking.
Summary of the Hackathon
- Topic: Future Finance and Healthcare Hackathon, held at Taipei Medical University Campus
- Objectives: Encourage technical and creative capacity, connecting all participants for greater outcomes in Future Finance and Healthcare.
- Date: 06.15 14:00 – 06.17 18:00
- Participants:R./analytics professionals, data scientists, idea generators, business analysts, developers, students, aspiring entrepreneurs, or people who are over 18 years old and interested in a hackathon challenge.
- Organizers: INFORMS, Asia University
- Sponsors: Bank of New York Mellon, Fusion$360, Taiwan Fintech Association, TEJ, Taipei Medical University (TBD), Tai Shang Resource International Group (TBD)
- Awards will be given for the top three finalists and one award of participants’ choice will be given.
- Top three winners will receive awards of $10,000, $2,000 and $1,000 USD, respectively. The winner of the participants’ choice award will receive $1,000 USD.
- Contacts for Hackathon Information:
- Register before April 30, 2018. The number of people in a team is limited to 3–5. The team leader must register and pay the $60 USD fee once teams have been determined. To sign up as a team member please go to: TBD
- 20–30 teams will be selected before May 8. The organizers reserve the right to select teams.
- Registration fee is $60 USD per team before June 1, 2018.
- There must be one team leader/representative per team. Team leaders need to be responsible for their team contacts before and during the Hackathon.
- Participants need to bring their own toiletries, essential medicines, sleeping bag to take a rest in the gym. Insurance is covered. Meals and drinks will be provided.
- Mentors will be available to interact with teams. Keynotes and short talks will be arranged.
- Each team will have a 6-minute briefing time and 2-minute Q&A in team presentation sessions on the third day.
Taipei Medical University
|12:00-13:30||Set up and Registration|
|13:30-14:30||Two Keynote Speeches (FinTech/Healthcare)|
|14:30-15:00||Hackathon Overview and Introduction to rules and platform|
|15:00-15:30||Ice Breaker/Team and Mentor Introduction|
|15:30-16:30||Coffee Break + Team Discussion with Mentors Brainstorming|
|16:30-18:00||Mentors Feedback and Discussion|
Taipei Medical University
|08:00-09:00||Breakfast + Morning Brainstorming|
|21:30-00:00||Night Snacks & Hacking|
|11:00-13:00||Team Presentation 6 mins + Q&A 2 minutes (8 mins in total)|
|15:00-17:00||Team Presentation 6 mins + Q&A 2 minutes (8 mins in total)|
|17:00-17:30||Evaluation + Questionnaire|
|17:30-18:00||Results Announcement + Award Ceremony|
Ko-Yang Wang, Chairman, Fusion$360/Taiwan FinTech Association
Yi-Shin Elsa Hsu, Professor, Taipei Medical University
Alex Wang, email@example.com, +886-2-8789-6636
Shawn Liou, firstname.lastname@example.org