The Early Career Connection (ECC) is a program of special events designed for professionals who are new to their academic or industry careers. The program facilitates networking and introduces participants to well-established researchers and practitioners for more effective communication. Participants benefit from a 60% discount on registration to the Conference, as well as the networking events exclusive to ECC participants.
The mission of ECC is to provide early-career professionals with new perspectives into some of the most critical problems facing industry today, enabling them to broaden their research agendas. The goal is for these analytics and OR leaders of the future to have an opportunity, early in their careers, to apply their outstanding analytical talents to important business problems.
Those nominated and selected for this honor will receive a 60% reduction of the conference registration fee. Awardees are expected to participate fully in the ECC events, as well as the conference sessions and social programs. We also strongly encourage all ECC nominees to submit a paper or poster to the Select Presentations or Poster Presentations (however, this is not a requirement for acceptance to the ECC).
Nomination Package Submission Deadline: DEADLINE EXTENDED – March 9th, 2015
Notification Date: March 18, 2015
- ECC is open to researchers from both academia and industry.
- University participants must have completed their PhD no earlier than 2009 and be nominated by their department chairs.
- Industry participants must possess either: (1) a Master’s Degree completed no earlier than 2009 and at least three years of experience at their nominating company, or (2) a PhD completed no earlier than 2009.
- All nominees must include a one-paragraph description of their relevant research or analytics/OR project in the application packet, as well as other information described below.
- Upon acceptance, all participants must provide a brief biography and photo.
ECC participants from previous years are ineligible for nomination. In order to promote networking for a variety of people from different areas, we ask each organization to nominate only one person for each year’s program. The ECC was formerly named the Young Researcher Connection – YRC.
To Nominate an ECC Participant
Please send an email to email@example.com by March 9, 2015, containing the following information. The nominator must be from the same organization as the nominee. Nominees will be notified by March 18, 2015.
- Nominee’s name, email and telephone number
- Nominator’s name, email and telephone number
- Type of degree, year of nominee’s degree, and institute that awarded the degree
- If nominee has a master’s degree, starting date at company
- Organization and department
- Nominee’s position at the organization
- A brief paragraph from the nominator explaining why this person is being nominated (50-150 words)
- A brief paragraph from the nominee describing their relevant research or analytics/OR project (50-150 words)