Sponsored by CPMS, the Practice Section of INFORMS
Finalists will compete for the top prize in this “super bowl” of O.R. practice, showcasing analytics projects that had major impacts on their client organizations. The competition takes place on Monday and is open to all conference registrants. That evening, we will honor the finalists and announce the 2015 winner at the gala and banquet. Admission to the gala and banquet is included in your registration fee. On Tuesday, the 2015 winning presentation will be reprised as a plenary session. Past Edelman winners include: Dutch Delta Program Commissioner, TNT Express, Midwest ISO, Indeval, HP, Netherlands Railways, Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, Warner Robins Air Logistics, GM, Motorola, UPS, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other top companies, nonprofit organizations and government agencies.
- IBM for “Predictive Cloud Computing with Big Data: Professional Golf and Tennis Forecasting”
- Ingram Micro for “End-to-End Business Analytics and Optimization in Ingram Micro’s Two-Tier Distribution Business”
- LMI/Defense Logistics Agency for “Peak and Next Gen: Effective Inventory Control for Items with Infrequent or Frequent, Highly Variable Demand”
- Saudi Arabia Ministry of Municipal and Rural Affairs for “A Pilgrim Scheduling Approach to Increase Public Safety During Hajj”
- Syngenta for “Good Growth through Advanced Analytics”
- US Army/Sandia National Laboratories for “The Capability Portfolio Analysis Tool (CPAT): A Fleet Management and Decision Analysis Tool”
Edelman Gala & Banquet
Salute the finalists and winners of four prestigious applied O.R. awards: The Edelman Award, the INFORMS Prize, the Daniel H. Wagner Prize, and the UPS George D. Smith Prize. Admission to the gala and banquet is included in your registration fee. The banquet begins at 7pm followed by the awards ceremony.