We’re delighted that you will be joining us for the INFORMS Conference on Business Analytics and O.R. in Orlando, Florida, April 10-12. Please review this important information to help make the most of the conference.
The Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
All conference events will be held at: One Grand Cypress Blvd; Orlando, Florida, 32836.
Tel: (407) 239-1234. http://grandcypress.regency.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html
Getting from the Airport to the Hotel
Orlando International Airport/ MCO
Distance from airport to hotel: 18 miles
Taxi: Approximately $55 (one way)
Shared Shuttle: Approximately $20 (one way)
More information regarding the conference hotel and/ or travel: http://meetings.informs.org/analytics2016/venue/
Registration Open Sunday, 7:00am-5:00pm
When you arrive, please come to the INFORMS Registration Desk in Portico Prefunction to pick up your badge and registration materials. Registration hours on other days: Monday, 7:00am-6:30pm; Tuesday, 7:00am-3:00pm.
FOUR Great Ways to Get the Most Up-To-Date Information at Analytics 2016:
- The conference website includes a live schedule including all speakers, session titles and locations with links to the property map. The impressive list of speakers contains biographies, abstracts and links back to the schedule. Check it out today at http://meetings.informs.org/analytics2016/
- The INFORMS app for Analytics 2016. All of the information you need, at your fingertips and on the go, will be readily available in an easy to use format designed especially for INFORMS conference attendees. To download, search for “INFORMS Meetings” in your app store. The app is currently available on Apple and Android devices. Please note: if you have used previous versions of the app for INFORMS meetings you will need to delete the app and re-download.
- At-a-glance daily schedules and general information will be easily accessible as inserts in your name badge. Each day you can review the agenda at a glance and easily plan your day. The name badge inserts are also available for viewing on the website and as printable pdfs.
- Multiple kiosks with large screen monitors will be set up throughout the conference with easy access to the website and the agenda at a glance.
Please note, INFORMS is committed to reducing our environmental impact, and will not be producing a long form paper program for Analytics 2016. Rest assured, all the information you need to successfully plan your time and navigate your way around Analytics 2016 will be available through our easy to use Apps, website and in your badge inserts.
Conference Proceedings & Attendee Look Up
How to access Analytics Conference Proceedings:
- Log into http://connect.informs.org/home with your INFORMS Self-Service Center username and password.
- Under the blue “Communities” tab on the main navigation bar, click “My Communities.”
- To the right of the name “2016 INFORMS Conference on Business Analytics & Operations Research,” click the “Enter” button.
- Click on the “Library” tab, this will default to the folder view.
- Click the gray arrow to the left of the folder to display the tracks for that day.
- Highlight the track in blue that you would like to view the presentations from, the presentations from that track will display in the right hand “Folder Contents” column.
- Double click on the name of the presentation.
- Scroll down to Download or Comment on the presentation.
- Questions about the presentation? Click on the “Discussion” tab and ask a question.
If, after logging in to INFORMS Connect, you do not see the 2016 Analytics Conference in “My Communities,” the most likely reason is that you have opted out of the member directory or INFORMS Connect at some point.
- If you would like to opt in, visit INFORMS Self-Service Center and select “Update My Profile” from your main menu.
- Scroll down to the “Personal Information” section, and click the “Edit” button.
- Under “Opt Out Requests,” select “NO” from the drop down next to “Opt me out of INFORMS Connect (Members Only Online Community).”
- Scroll to the bottom and click “Save.”
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of this change using the email associated with your INFORMS account, and we will add you into the group.
To look up an attendee, click on Members to either search for an attendee by name or browse through a list.
While you are in Connect, take a minute to update your profile and connect with fellow attendees.
View conference photos updated throughout the conference in one of three places: the photo section in the mobile app, the conference homepage, or directly on our Flickr album. We’d love to post your photos in the album for all conference attendees to see. Please email your snapshots to email@example.com and we’ll do our best to share them with the world!
Conference Bloggers add Flavor and You Can Too!
Watch the front page of the Conference website to keep up with commentary from your peers. You can blog, too. Just drop by the INFORMS booth for instructions.
If this is your first INFORMS Analytics Conference, we encourage you to stop by the Newcomer’s Reception for a brief welcome to the conference and the opportunity to connect with other first-timers and conference “veterans”, Sunday, 6:00-7:00pm, La Coquina. This event is immediately followed by the Welcome Reception in the exhibit hall (7:00-8:30pm, Portico Prefunction).
We’ve built many opportunities for networking into the program. Engage with fellow participants at lunch each day. If you would like to choose a table topic, look for the topic signs on tables on Monday. Don’t miss the very popular Networking Break on Monday, 4:40pm. These events are typically among the highest-rated features of the conference. Bring lots of business cards or use the Badge Scanning feature in the conference app to exchange and organize contact information.
Technology Workshops on Sunday
20 technology companies will offer workshops on Sunday, at no additional cost to conference registrants. If you haven’t signed up yet and would like to attend, come by the INFORMS registration desk to see if space is still available. Details can be found:
We’re serving up a delectable afternoon dessert each day, along with real-world case studies of O.R. in action. The poster presentations offer you an inside look at analytics work across a wide range of industries, problems and solutions. Monday & Tuesday, 2:45-3:35pm, Portico Prefunction. For more information on the posters that will be presented please click here.
Analytics Career Fair & Services
All attendees are cordially invited to attend the Analytics Career Fair. You can casually connect with top employers at this annual professional career services event. Attendees receive free access as part of their conference registration. These events are open to all conference attendees.
- Career Fair, Sunday, 3:30pm-7:30pm, Grand Cypress D
- Lightning Round Presentations, Sunday, 5:00-7:30pm, Grand Cypress A
- Analytics Career Fair Breakfast & Employment Outlook Panel Discussion, Monday, 7:00am-8:00am, Magnolia. Stop by for breakfast and hear a panel of seasoned professionals from mature analytics companies discuss trends in the profession and how to make the most of your talents. Seating is limited. After breakfast and presentation, mutual plans can be made for personal interviews.
Edelman Gala & Banquet
This celebration on Monday evening will honor the very best in applied operations research, as we salute past Edelman competitors, the 2016 finalists and announce the 2016 winner. Winners of the INFORMS Prize, Daniel H. Wagner Prize, and UPS George D. Smith Prize will also be recognized. All seating will be reserved. You will receive a voucher in your registration packet, which you must exchange for a ticket on Sunday, 7:00am-5:00pm, or Monday, 7:00am-12:00pm, at the Registration Desk. At that time, you’ll also be asked to select a table.
Exhibits and Software Tutorials
Check out the listing of exhibitors and abstracts for the software tutorials here. You can also find a map of the exhibitor hall on the conference app. Click on the “Exhibitor” button to find a floor plan and exhibitor listing with booth numbers.
What to Wear
Dress during the day and for the Sunday receptions is business casual. For the Edelman Gala on Monday evening, jacket and tie is preferred for men; women should dress for fine restaurant dining. We recommend that you check the weather online before traveling, and bring a sweater or light jacket. In addition, no matter how warm it may be outside, hotel meeting rooms are often chilly.
Please let us know if you have questions. We look forward to seeing you in Orlando.