Poster Presentations Poster Submissions for expedited review due January 8, 2018
Final abstract submission deadline: February 1, 2018
You are invited to submit a proposal to present a poster at the 2018 INFORMS Conference on Business Analytics and O.R. Presenters selected through this process receive a discount off regular registration rates.
Poster presentations will be scheduled in two sessions held after lunch on Monday and Tuesday. Dessert will be served at the same time as the presentations. The poster presentations will be the only event on the program during these times so that all conference participants can attend the session. As a speaker you will receive useful feedback from colleagues and attendees can learn from the presentations.
This visual, brief-presentation format lends itself to:
- Descriptions of analytics projects that are still in progress,
- Examples of successful work that may not be extensive enough for a 50-minute formal presentation but still offer useful learning points for analytics professionals,
- New, cutting-edge topics and projects on which you’re looking for feedback,
- Case studies of projects that were NOT successful and what you learned from the experience,
- Corporate or consulting work subject to nondisclosure restrictions that can still be presented at a high level,
- Your experience and advice on “soft” topics, such as selling analytics to internal or client decision-makers, working with non-technical users, etc.
We welcome Poster Presentations on the full range of analytics and O.R. work, including all applications areas, industries and methodologies.
Benefits of Presenting
- A discounted registration rate. Registration covers the full conference program, Edelman Awards banquet, Welcome Reception and breakfasts, lunches and breaks for two days.
- The prestige of being selected to present a poster at an INFORMS top-quality conference.
- The opportunity to receive feedback on your work from colleagues.
- An opportunity to participate fully in the conference and network with industry practitioners, academics and consultants.
Poster Review and Presentation
If your poster is accepted, you will be asked to submit a soft-copy of the poster by February 14th for review by the committee. Your poster will have already been accepted and this final review is simply to assure a consistent level of quality in appearance of the posters.
You will be expected to present your poster during a session on either Monday, April 16, or Tuesday, April 17. Please indicate your availability in your submission – preference will be given to presenters who are available both days.
To Submit a Proposal
Information you will need to provide:
- Contact information; biographical information
- An “elevator pitch” – a summary in seven sentences that gives the narrative for your poster. Your summary should include a description of the problem solved, your contribution to the project, why it was important, anything novel, etc.
- Answer the following questions (no more than three sentences for each question):
- How could your problem/methodology be applicable in industry, government and/or nonprofit organizations?
- How is the project innovative?
- What type of analytics or O.R. did you use (if applicable)?
Production & Presentation Guidelines
Posters must be produced as a single-sheet exposition that can fit on the bulletin board provided by INFORMS. The bulletin board measures 90” wide by 43” tall. We recommend a poster size of 72” wide by 36” tall or 48” wide by 36” tall. However, other sizes are acceptable as long as they do not exceed the bulletin board dimensions of 90” wide by 43” tall.
In preparing your poster, you may want to reference these online sites that provide templates, as well as printing services. Please see below for our guidelines on poster content and design.
We strongly recommend that you have your poster printed locally or by an online site before you travel to the meeting, rather than attempt to have it printed onsite in Baltimore.