Conference Attendees/Job Seekers
Whether you are a highly motivated job seeker or just have a healthy interest in the career outlook for the analytics profession, you’ll find what you need with the Analytics Career Fair:
- Make connections with colleagues and recruiters at top companies who hire analytics professionals
- Hear about and discuss your perspective on the general employment outlook for analytics professionals and how it effects the participating employers
- Browse recruitment materials at your leisure in a “no-pressure” environment and decide if you’d like to take the next step
- Schedule discreet one-on-one interviews when you make a connection that is too good to pass up
- Place your resume in the “Drop Folders” of participating employers as part of a “passive” job search strategy
- Take advantage of post-conference links to participating employer profiles and open positions for making discreet connections after the conference
Be Prepared: Upload Your Resume Today!
Employers review resumes prior to the Career Fair. Don’t miss out; upload your latest resume to the INFORMS Career Center Resume Bank. The 2019 Analytics Career Fair is included in your conference registration. No additional steps are necessary; just remember to bring copies of your resume!
The Analytics Career Fair offers employers considerable benefits at a low, association-style price. In a convenient atmosphere companies and their recruiters can:
- Provide recruitment material in a relaxed setting that attracts those hard to find but invaluable casual job seekers
- Company feature on the 2019 INFORMS Business Analytics Conference website – We’ll feature your logo, a brief write-up, and your job descriptions.
- Arrange discreet one-on-one interviews with the best of the best
- Build your resume bank by participating in the “Resume Drop” program
- Enjoy access to over 1,000 seasoned analytics professionals on-site
2019 Career Fair Schedule
Analytics Career Fair & Networking Day
Sunday, April 14
Career Fair: 1–6pm; Afternoon Dessert: 2–3pm
JW Grand 1-2, Level 4
Job seekers take advantage of this ONE opportunity to meet employers and present your resumes for numerous open positions. All conference attendees are welcome to attend the Analytics Career Fair to meet with participating employers on Sunday only. This is a great opportunity for attendees to browse recruitment materials, meet participating employers in a casual setting, and enjoy refreshments!
Candidate resumes can be exchanged and mutual plans made for personal interviews later on Monday and Tuesday.
Thank You to our Sponsor!
Career Fair Employer Reception (By Invitation Only)
Sunday, April 14, 6–7pm
Employers and recruiters are welcome to unwind and enjoy hors d’oeuvres and cocktails following the Career Fair on Sunday. Multiple giveaway items will be raffled during the reception. For tickets and additional details, please contact Olivia Schmitz .
Analytics Employment Outlook Breakfast & Panel Discussion (By Invitation Only)
Monday, April 15, 7–8am
Employers and conference attendees are welcome to stop by for breakfast and hear a panel of seasoned professionals from mature analytics companies discuss trends in the profession and how to make the most of your talents. A lively Q&A session will follow and get you ready for your day. After breakfast and the panel discussion, mutual plans can be made for personal interviews. Seating is limited.
Dr. Warren Hearnes, Vice President, Analytics & Data Science at Cardlytics
Erwin Abbink, PhD, Head of Innovation & Analytics, Netherlands Railways
Muriel Grobler, PDEng, Data Scientist, Black Locus (The Home Depot) | LinkedIn
Tessa Peterson, MS, Senior Analytics Manager, ATB Financial | LinkedIn
Kermit Threatte, MS/MBA, Director, Operations Research, Wayfair | LinkedIn
Michael Watson, PhD, Partner, Opex Analytics
Monday, April 15, 8am–5pm
Tuesday, April 16, 8am–3pm
Griffin Hall (Exhibit Hall), Level 2, Left Entrance
This service provides employers and applicants with a convenient, discreet venue for on-site interviews to explore opportunities in industry and government. Employers will have a reserved private meeting space and can continue to meet with candidates.
INFORMS Career Center
Employers and applicants should also take advantage of INFORMS Career Center, where they also receive many online benefits before and after the Career Fair:
- Online access to job listings and applicant resumes
- Expanded information about jobs and applicants
- Daily updates of the database
- Online data entry for applicants and employers
- Extended availability of the database
- Advanced database search capabilities
For More Information
Refunds/cancellations: Requests must be received in writing (email or fax) no later than April 1, 2019. Any late cancellation, will not be eligible for a full refund but can have their registrations fee applied to a future Career Fair. Post events cancellations will receive no refunds.