Computer projectors will be available in every technical session room. You must bring your own laptop (or plan to share with another presenter) and AC power adapter. If you have a Mac, don’t forget your own adapter. Technical assistance will be available for any AV problems.
During technical sessions, please silence all cell phones and other mobile devices. Also note that the use of camera and recording devices is prohibited unless you have received prior permission from the speaker.
Full-service registration and badge pick-up for attendees, speakers, VIPs, and guests is located on Level 3 in the Lone Star South Foyer on Sunday 7am-5pm, Monday 7am-5pm, and Tuesday 7am-3pm.
If you are already registered, you’ll only need to print out your badge and pick up your conference materials. Please go to the “Badge Express” kiosks near Registration found in the Lone Star South Foyer on Level 3. You will be required to enter your last name to check-in. Once you have confirmed your registration name, your badge will print out. Please proceed to the adjoining table to pick up your remaining Conference materials.
Badges are required for technical sessions & all meeting events. All attendees, including speakers and session chairs, must register and pay the registration fee. Lost badges can be replaced at the Registration desk for a $5 fee.
The INFORMS Meeting App is available for iOS and Android devices. Detailed information, including the schedule of sessions, session abstracts, meeting locations, maps, exhibit hall details, and much more can be found on the app. This dynamic app can be downloaded directly to your device by visiting the iTunes or Google Play stores and searching for “INFORMS Meetings.” When you view the meeting program in the app, you can either browse through the parallel sessions and special events or search for a specific speaker or keywords. As you locate the events, sessions and presentations you are interested in, click on the star button, which bookmarks it to the My Schedule itinerary. Use My Schedule for a quick reference tool.
An attendee should know their INFORMS login username and password in order to use more than one mobile device (such as a smartphone and a tablet) to synchronize his bookmarked events, event notes, and scanned badge information. To learn the new feature (ability to sync user data across devices by using INFORMS login), attendees are advised to install and try this feature before the conference starts.
One of the great features of the conference app is that it will allow attendees – upon logging in – to search for other attendees, and send messages and requests through INFORMS Connect.
Note: Previous versions of this app should be removed before downloading the 2019 Analytics app.
How to access Analytics Conference proceedings:
- Log in to http://connect.informs.org/home with your INFORMS Self-Service Center username and password.
- Under the blue “Communities” tab on the main navigator bar, click “My Communities.”
- To the right of the name “INFORMS Business Analytics Conference 2019,” click the “Enter” button.
- Click on the “Library” tab, this will default to the folder view.
- Click the gray arrow to the left of the folder to display the tracks for that day.
- Highlight the track in blue that you would like to view the presentations from, the presentations from that track will display in the right-hand “Folder Contents” column.
- Double click the name of the presentation.
- Scroll down to Download or Comment on the presentation.
- Questions about the presentation? Click on the “Discussion” tab and ask a question.
If, after logging in to INFORMS Connect, you do not see the INFORMS Business Analytics Conference 2019 in “My Communities,” the most likely reason is that you have opted out of the member directory or INFORMS Connect at some point.
- If you would like to opt in, visit INFORMS Self-Service Center and select “Update My Profile” from your main menu.
- Scroll down to the “Personal Information” section, and click the “Edit” button.
- Under “Opt Out Requests,” select “NO” from the drop down next to “Opt me out of INFORMS Connect (Members Only Online Community).”
- Scroll to the bottom and click “Save.”
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of this change using the email associated with your INFORMS account and we will add you to the group.
To look up an attendee, click on Members to either search for an attendee by name or browse through a list.
While you are in Connect, take a minute to update your profile (Studies have shown that people are more likely to engage with a profile picture, as opposed to the gray silhouette!) and connect with fellow attendees.
View conference photos updated throughout the Conference in one of three places: the photo section in the mobile app, the conference homepage, or directly on our Flickr album. Share your own conference pictures with us on Twitter and Instagram using #2019analytics. Also, be sure to stop by the INFORMS photo booth in the Exhibit Hall for some fun photo opportunities!
23 technology companies will offer workshops on Sunday, at no additional cost to conference registrants. If you haven’t signed up yet and would like to attend, come by the INFORMS registration desk to see if space is still available. Companies and details can be found here.
Monday and Tuesday, 2:45-3:35pm
We’re serving up a delicious dessert each afternoon along with real-world case studies of O.R. in action. The poster presentations offer you an inside look at analytics work across a wide range of industries, problems and solutions. For more information on the posters that will be presented please click here.
This celebration on Monday evening will honor the very best in advanced analytics and operations research, as we salute the 2019 finalists and announce the 2019 winner. Winners of the INFORMS Prize, Daniel H. Wagner Prize, and UPS George D. Smith Prize will also be recognized. All seating will be reserved. You will receive a voucher at Registration, which you must exchange for a ticket in the Lone Star Foyer on Sunday, 7am-5pm, and on Monday, 9am-12noon. At the time, you’ll also be asked to select a table.
Dress during the day and for the Sunday receptions is business casual. For the Edelman Gala on Monday evening, jacket and tie is preferred for men; women should dress for fine restaurant dining. We recommend that you check the weather online before traveling, and bring a sweater or light jacket. In addition, no matter how warm it may be outside, hotel meeting rooms are often chilly.