Welcome Reception: Saturday, April 25, 2020, 5:30–7:30pm
Workshop: Sunday, April 26, 2020, 7:30am–3pm
Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center
6700 N Gaylord Rockies Blvd, Aurora, CO
The Early Career Professionals’ Network (ECPN) is a group designed to help recent graduates, soon to be graduates, or anyone newly entering the field of analytics/OR to build their professional networks and learn the practicalities of working in the field from experienced practitioners. The ECPN Workshop was created to reflect the fact that analytics work in the real world is challenging in ways that aren’t always taught in analytics and OR degree programs. The Workshop is held annually at the INFORMS Conference on Business Analytics & Operations Research with a carefully selected cohort of attendees. Highlights from the program include how to land your first job, a panel of analytics executives giving perspective on their career and the marketplace, and a role-playing exercise working with “clients.” The Welcome Reception (the night before) is a great way for participants to mingle and interact with each other and meet representatives from major companies in the field who are looking for talented new employees.
All participants will receive a modest stipend to assist with travel and attendance costs. The actual amount will vary based on sponsorships but has in the past been as much a few hundred dollars.
Applicants are also strongly encouraged to submit a poster presentation as well.
Please note that registration and attendance of the INFORMS Analytics Conference is required to attend the ECPN event.
- Participants must be enrolled in or have graduated from a graduate degree program in analytics, operations research, management science, or a related field.
- The event is geared to Master’s, Ph.D. students and recent graduates working in the analytics/OR field.
- Participants must be nominated by their university program/department or a representative from their employer.
- A department or employer may nominate multiple students or employees. When nominating multiple students or employees, the department or employer should indicate a rank-order preference of nominees in the event that total nominations exceed the event’s attendance limit.
- Please note that previous attendees of the IPC, ECC or ECPN are not eligible to attend
Nomination Package: This should be completed and uploaded by the department chair, program director, or supervisor. Packages must include the following information in the format specified:
- Letter of recommendation from the department chair, program director, or supervisor.
- Statement of purpose from the nominee including description of career and research interests.
- Resume or CV.
- Nominee’s name, mailing address, email address and phone number.
- Other required information to include in the submission: nominee’s major field of study, expected degree (M.S., PhD, MBA, etc.), expected date of graduation, thesis/dissertation title (or area of concentration if nominee’s program does not require a thesis), and current employer and position.
- Estimate of travel expenses and amount of financial aid requested. Note: Award amounts will be determined after sponsorships have been confirmed. If this request is not included in the nomination package, no consideration will be given for financial aid.
Nomination Deadline: Friday, March 13, 2020, 11:59pm EST
Notification Date: Friday, March 20, 2020
Deadline for RSVPs: Monday, March 23, 2020, 11:59pm EST
Room Share Information
Email the following information to Christy Mulhall:
Your full name
Gender (male or female)
Dates of reservation
Periodically, we will email the list to all individuals who have signed up. It is the user’s responsibility to then contact others on the list to determine compatibility for room sharing and make all necessary arrangements, including hotel reservations. INFORMS is providing this service solely as a service to meeting attendees and is not responsible for information provided. INFORMS disclaims all liability arising out of participants’ use of the list, including, but not limited to, theft, injury and room charges/expenses. INFORMS makes no representations regarding the truthfulness of the information appearing on the list or regarding the users of the list.