Why Present at #2021Analytics?
- The prestige of being selected to present at an INFORMS high quality conference.
- Discounted conference registration rate covers the conference program, with access to the full conference content online.
- An opportunity to participate fully in the conference and network with industry practitioners, academics and consultants.
Requirements of Presenting
- A 30-minute presentation by one speaker (multiple presenters and panels not accepted) followed by 10-minute Q&A session.
- Final presentation submitted 4 weeks before the conference.
- Willingness to tailor a presentation for a listener audience and to accept direction from the Selection Committee.
- Willingness to serve as a discussion leader for small group roundtables, if requested.
- Full participation in the conference (both the education and social program), for at least the day of the presentation and preferably the entire conference.
January 25, 2021, 11:59pm EST
March 5, 2021, 11:59pm EST
March 11, 2021, 11:59pm EST
March 11, 2021, 11:59pm EST
Selection Criteria and Guidelines
The review and acceptance process is highly selective, with two primary criteria: topic content that will be interesting and useful to our audience, and high-quality presentation skills.
- Real-world business topics, with technical content included.
- High quality academic work geared to real situations.
- Applications reports, case studies, best practice examples, emerging topics and tutorials with a practice-orientation.
- All application areas of analytics and OR/MS considered.
- Presentations directed to a “listener” audience (most members of the audience attend the conference to listen to high quality presentations, not to present), of which approximately 80% are practitioners.
- Associate – Entry level; Appropriate for employees or managers with limited professional analytics experience, those seeking to learn new fundamentals, or mid-career managers and directors looking to fill in gaps to solidify their knowledge and skills.
- Professional – Mid-Career; Appropriate for individuals with some knowledge and experience in analytics or data science tools, mid-level managers and directors in their fields with an established degree of competence, and those seeking to build on, apply, or enhance existing knowledge.
- Executive – Senior Management; Appropriate for senior managers seeking to learn industry best practices to help shape organizational strategy, lead change and manage high-performing teams
To Submit a Proposal
Information you will need to provide when you submit:
- Contact information; biographical information; JPG/JPEG photo (at least 200px x 200px)
- Presentation title
Brief summary of proposal: Please provide a 100-150 word elevator pitch about your topic.
- Presentation Upload: Please provide a 500-word extended summary written with the listener’s perspective in mind. Your presentation should answer the listener’s basic question: “What will I learn from this session? What information/knowledge/ideas will I come away with?” It’s important that you describe in as much detail as possible what you will cover in your presentation. A bulleted list of topics, points, examples and issues can be an effective technique for doing this.
- Presenters must have demonstrated speaking experience. Please include speaking experience and references in your paper upload.
- Potential speakers could be interviewed by phone.