Transforming Health with Data, Mind and Hand
July 27-29, 2019
MIT Sloan School of Management
Massachusetts General Hospital
Much like Jaume Plensa’s Alchemist, commissioned in honor of MIT’s 150th anniversary, marries numeric symbols with human effort as an homage to researchers and scientists, the INFORMS 2019 Healthcare Conference recognizes the many contributions of operations research and analytics professionals to the advancement of healthcare.
The 2019 conference, “Transforming Health with Data, Mind and Hand,” will explore how analytics, operations research and management science can transform medicine, healthcare policy and delivery, with particular emphasis placed on connecting the INFORMS community and healthcare professionals to impact practice.
Inspired by MIT’s motto, “Mens et Manus”—”mind and hand”— this collaborative effort proposed by MIT Sloan and Massachusetts General Hospital reflects our joint vision of using data analytics and research to impact medicine, healthcare policy, and delivery.
What to Expect from INFORMS Healthcare 2019?
Learn Best Practices
Advance Your Career
Take Something Back
- Medical decision making
- Computational optimization
- Patient wait time guarantees
- Effective use of electronic health records
- Delivering healthcare in developing countries
- New methods associated with defining value in healthcare
- Incorporation of O.R. and industrial engineering in healthcare delivery
- Intersection of healthcare and public health to provide a more “population” perspective on value
Contributions in synergistic fields are also welcome: healthcare policy, clinical decision making, global health, therapy and treatment delivery, public health, and health informatics.