Abstract Submission is Closed
ALL SPEAKERS must be registered by August 31, 2020. If speakers are not registered by August 31st, the speaker will be notified that the presentation will be removed from the program.
2020 Submission Deadlines
Cluster Chairs Invite Sessions Chairs
March 18, 2020, 11:59pm EST
Session Chairs to enter Presenters
May 11, 2020, 11:59pm EST
Submitting Contributed/Sponsored & Committee’s Choice Abstracts
June 1, 2020, 11:59pm EST
Flash Paper Submissions
June 13, 2020, 11:59pm EST
Poster Competition Submissions
July 20, 2020, 11:59pm EST
General Poster Submissions
August 1, 2020, 11:59pm EST
Speaker Registration Deadline
August 31, 2020, 11:59pm EST
Final Editing of Abstracts
September 7, 2020, 11:59pm EST
If you wish to contribute an abstract and have NOT received an invitation from a Session Chair, you can submit a Contributed Presentation here.
Committee’s Choice (formerly Invited Sessions) & Sponsored Presentations
Presenters will be notified by email to submit their individual abstracts after the Session Chair has submitted the session.
If you have not received an invitation to submit from a Session Chair you will not be able to log in through the system.
Flash Paper Session
If you wish to present a flash paper abstract (6 minute presentation) and have NOT received an invitation from a Session Chair, you can submit a Flash Paper Session here.
Session Chairs will be notified by email to submit any missing information once the Cluster Chair has submitted the session title. Please note if you are chairing more than one session you may receive more than one email. Please retain this information as it will be your access to the system.
If you have not received an invitation to submit from a Cluster Chair you will not be able to log in through the system.
Abstract Guidelines and Submission Rules
Abstract should be 600 characters maximum (approximately 60 words), title of abstract – 150 characters maximum.
- Letters, numbers, and *common math symbols accepted.
- All abstracts must be in English.
- Do not include title or author information in the body of your abstract.
- Abstracts will be published exactly as entered if accepted.
- Review your abstract and check for typographical and spelling errors, coherence and technical content.
*PLEASE NOTE: Use only “text pad” when entering math symbols.
All abstract submissions must be entered into the submissions site by June 1, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern.
All presenters must register and pay Annual Meeting registration fees by August 31, 2020 or the session will be removed from the program. One-day registration is not available.
To qualify for membership savings, presenters must have an active INFORMS membership and be in good standing at the time of registration and at the meeting (November 8, 2020).
Once your abstract has been submitted (above instructions) you will then need to upload your PowerPoint. Below are a few guidelines to keep in mind:
- Presentations should be prepared for use with Microsoft Power-Point 2010 in a Windows compatible format; there will not be any MAC equipment available. If made in another program or in an earlier Power-Point version, please make sure that it is compatible with Power-Point 2010.
- The preferred Power-Point format would be .ppt and not .pptx
- Times slides should be created in Landscape Orientation.
- Can your slides be easily read from 15 meters away?
- Prepare your timed slides for a 6 minute presentation (a YouTube video of how to do this can be found here.). Slides should communicate key findings, not details. If attendees want details, let them ask you during the ‘Questions and Answers’ time right after the final flash talk within the session.
- Upload your final power-point into Oasis by September 1st.
- In the event a speaker cannot attend the conference because of an urgent matter: Please contact the INFORMS office as soon as possible. If a new speaker is assigned, send his or her Speaker Information including affiliation, address, and e-mail address.
Last Day for Changes
Last day to make changes to existing abstracts is September 7, 2020.