ALL SPEAKERS must be registered by September 10, 2019. If speakers are not registered by September 10, the speaker will be notified that the presentation will be removed from the program.
Continued for 2019:
- Speakers may upload their presentation slides prior to the conference. This will enable interested attendees to preview the slides, or for those who were unable to attend the talk due to a scheduling conflict to view the slides afterwards. The slides will be stored on the OASIS web site and made available to INFORMS members for one year.
- Flash submissions & Posters are the only types of submissions available after May 15th. Flash sessions will consist of approximately 10 presentations, each timed for six minutes with a one minute break between speakers. Slides must be submitted in advance of the session and be set to automatically scroll in accord with the six minute time limit. Remaining time at the end of the session will be set aside for presenters to meet with interested individuals to answer questions and discuss their work in greater detail. The deadline for a Flash & Poster Submission is September 1st.
Submission Deadline for Contributed, Sponsored and Emerging Abstracts
Poster Competition Submission Deadline
Speaker Registration Deadline
If speakers are not registered by September 10, 2019, the speaker will be notified that the presentation will be removed from the program. Any change to the presenting author must be made by September 10, 2019.
Deadline for Cluster Chairs to enter Session Chairs
Download Detailed Instructions
March 11, 2019
Deadline for Session Chairs to enter Presenters
May 1, 2019
Deadline for Submitting Contributed/ Sponsored & Emerging Abstracts
May 15, 2019
Deadline for Final Editing of Abstracts
June 18, 2019
Deadline for Poster Competition Submissions
August 1, 2019
Deadline for Flash Paper Submission
September 1, 2019
Deadline for General Poster Submissions
September 1, 2019
Deadline for Presenters to Register
September 10, 2019
Submit Early, Capacity Limited
If you wish to contribute an abstract and have NOT received an invitation from a Session Chair:
Submit an abstract for contributed presentations.
Emerging Topics (formerly Invited Sessions) & Sponsored Presentations
Presenters will be notified by email to submit their individual abstracts after the Session Chair has submitted the session.
If you have not received an invitation to submit from a Session Chair you will not be able to log in through the system.
Flash Paper Session
If you wish to present a flash paper abstract (6 minute presentation) and have NOT received an invitation from a Session Chair:
Submit an abstract for a flash presentation.
Submit an abstract for a poster presentation.
Session Chairs will be notified by email to submit any missing information once the Cluster Chair has submitted the session title. Please note if you are chairing more than one session you may receive more than one email. Please retain this information as it will be your access to the system.
If you have not received an invitation to submit from a Cluster Chair you will not be able to log in through the system.
Abstract Guidelines (Size/Length)
Abstract should be 600 characters maximum (approximately 60 words), title of abstract – 150 characters maximum.
- Letters, numbers, and *common math symbols accepted.
- All abstracts must be in English.
- Do not include title or author information in the body of your abstract.
- Abstracts will be published exactly as entered if accepted.
- Review your abstract and check for typographical and spelling errors, coherence and technical content.
*PLEASE NOTE: Use only “text pad” when entering math symbols.
Once your abstract has been submitted (above instructions) you will then need to upload your PowerPoint. Below are a few guidelines to keep in mind:
- Presentations should be prepared for use with Microsoft Power-Point 2010 in a Windows compatible format; there will not be any MAC equipment available. If made in another program or in an earlier Power-Point version, please make sure that it is compatible with Power-Point 2010.
- The preferred Power-Point format would be .ppt and not .pptx
- Times slides should be created in Landscape Orientation.
- Can your slides be easily read from 15 meters away?
- Prepare your timed slides for a 6 minute presentation (a YouTube video of how to do this can be found here.). Slides should communicate key findings, not details. If attendees want details, let them ask you during the ‘Questions and Answers’ time right after the final flash talk within the session.
- Upload your final power-point into Oasis by September 1st.
- In the event a speaker cannot attend the conference because of an urgent matter: Please contact the INFORMS office as soon as possible. If a new speaker is assigned, send his or her Speaker Information including affiliation, address, and e-mail address.
Last Day for Changes
Last day to make changes to existing abstracts is June 18, 2019.