What is the Commercial Case Studies Track?
Many busy professionals have done important work that others would like to see, but commercial practitioners often don’t have the time and resources required to submit a full paper. If this describes you, then the Commercial Case Studies Track is a program designed specifically for you.
This track is a multidisciplinary forum for commercial simulation practitioners to share what they have learned modeling real-world problems using simulation. The applications are open to all areas, including but not limited to Manufacturing, Logistics and distribution, Healthcare, Mining, Social and human behavior, Aerospace, Food services, Military, Data analytics, etc.
Submission to the case studies track saves commercial practitioners some of the time and resource demanded by full length papers:
- A full paper is not required. All we need is a brief abstract and a two-page extended abstract. This is not only easier to write, but an abstract is often easier to get approvals for because you are less likely to expose any proprietary information.
- The presentation at the December conference is generally about a 20-minute talk with a few minutes for Q&A, and the audience generally consists of your peers – people who have similar interests, challenges, and skill levels who are anxious to learn from your experiences.
- A case study presentation gives you a relatively easy way to get published and share your work and insights with the world. Accepted abstracts will appear in the final program of WSC and on the WSC Archive website. If you need justification to attend this conference, what better justification than to present to, network with, and learn from your industry peers.
- Case study submissions do not require assignment of copywrite, meaning presenters can present the same project again at other, future conferences.
- 20-minute pre-recorded presentation with 10 minutes for Q&A
- Presentation will be pre-recorded due to the virtual nature of this year’s conference to prevent any issues with connectivity during the presentation window
- Presentations may include slides, videos, or other formats
- Log In/Create Account at https://ssl.linklings.net/conferences/wsc/
- Click on Make a New Submission and Select Commercial Case Studies
- Enter 150-word (max) abstract
- Attach extended abstract (up to 2 pages)
- See Posters, Case Studies, and Vendor Abstracts using Word template at http://meetings2.informs.org/wordpress/wsc2020/authorsubmission/
Due to the unique nature of this year’s contract, the final deadlines are still being decided. These will be posted and communicated to speakers as soon as possible.
- September 28, 2020 – Abstracts due
- by October 16, 2020 – Notification of acceptance to authors (including details about submitting slides, and formats of the posters).
- October 30, 2020 – Final extended abstracts due (if edits are occurring after initial submission)
- October 30, 2020 – Author/speaker deadline for registering for the conference
- November (TBD) – Case study recording is due