Session Type Details
The meeting will feature several different types of sessions, each with unique characteristics. If you have any questions regarding the type of session you are presenting or chairing, please reach out to Cassie McKay at INFORMS.
- General (Invited/Sponsored Speakers) – Sessions with four or less speakers should have presenters record a 15-minute talk. Sessions with five speakers should have presenters record a 12-minute talk. These will be scheduled during three timeslots in the afternoon (EST). Each session will have one hour of pre-recorded presentations, followed by 15 minutes of live Q&A.
- Contributed – All contributed presenters should record a 15-minute talk. These will be released at 8am (EST) the morning you’re scheduled to present. Each session will have a live meeting room available from 10-11am, during which you should be present for the Q&A.
- Flash – Flash presenters should record a talk no longer than 15 minutes. These will be released at 8am (EST) the morning you’re scheduled to present. Each session will have a live meeting room available from 10-11am, during which you should be present for Q&A.
- Option 1: Panelists may upload a recording. After people have finished playing the recordings, the panelists and attendees may join the live meeting room for Q&A/discussion.
- Option 2: The Session Chair or Moderator can host the panel session prior to the final uploading day of Oct. 12. They can host the panel session in a live Zoom meeting and record it. This recording can be uploaded by the Moderator before Oct. 12. On the day of the scheduled session, attendees should view the recording and then join the live meeting room for Q&A.
- Award – Presenters should upload their 15-minute talks by Oct. 12. If any part of the awards needs to be live, it can be set up on your own prior to the meeting, recorded in Zoom, and then uploaded. Or, it can be done in the live meeting room provided by INFORMS in the virtual meeting site at the end of each session.
- TutORials – TutORial presenters should record a 60-minute talk. Each session will have one speaker for 60 minutes followed by a 15-minute live Q&A.
- Technology Tutorial – Tutorial presenters should record a 30-minute talk. Each session will consist of two, 30-minute talks followed by a 15-minute live Q&A.
- Technology Workshop – These will be 2 hour live sessions during the conference. They can be accessed from the exhibitor booth during the scheduled time. There will be live Q&A available.
- Plenary/Keynote – Plenary & Keynote talks will be live (unless requested otherwise by the speaker) and will include live, moderated Q&A with the speakers.
- Poster Session – Posters will take place on Sunday, November 8th from 1-3pm. Poster presenters are encouraged to upload their poster as an MP4 with audio (no longer than 10 minutes), or they can upload a PDF with no audio. Presenters should be available to respond to questions/comments via text chat during this time.
- Special Session – If your session falls outside the types mentioned above, please contact Cassie McKay at INFORMS for instructions.
Text chat directly to presenters will be available throughout the entire meeting and for three months after the conference. Messages can be viewed and responded to in the submission portal though the login process. Please let your presenters know.
Please keep in mind that any live interaction increases the likelihood of complications. However, our goal is to create a meeting experience with unlimited accessibility to attendees worldwide that prioritizes the health and safety of our attendees, and that while virtual, still fosters genuine and meaningful human connection among attendees. We are excited to introduce you to new and unique opportunities to explore meeting content, network, collaborate, and build lasting relationships with your peers around the world.
A help desk will be available during the conference in case you encounter any issues.