Annual Meeting Newcomer Tips
How to get the most out of your first INFORMS Annual Meeting!
Find Your Way
- Double check session location, if you’re giving a talk. Search the program online here or use the mobile app. There are also program kiosks on site, where you can look up session details.
- Session codes start with two letters. The first letter gives the day. (“S” is Sunday.) The second letter gives the time slot. (“A” is the first session of the day.) Check the app for any late changes to the time slot. The number following the two letters is the track number.
- Maps are found in the Quick Reference Guide, mobile app, or program kiosks.
- The master track schedule in the Quick Reference Guide gives an overview of topics by tracks and sessions. For example, decision analysis talks will be in the same tracks and stay in the same rooms during the meeting.
Can’t Miss Sessions & Activities
- Networking, social events, and receptions listed on p. 12-14 and 17 of the Quick Reference Guide. Meet up with colleagues and make new connections.
- Plenaries and keynote presentations, listed on p. 32-34 of the Quick Reference Guide. These are the sessions everyone will be talking about.
- Stop by the Exhibit Hall. Exhibitors are listed on p. 36-42 of the Quick Reference Guide, including software providers, publishers, universities, and more.
Network Like a Pro
- Get involved at the meeting and meet new people in a relaxed and fun environment. Help build hygiene kits and make blankets for FareStart. See p. 6 of the Quick Reference Guide for details.
- Attend the New Member Breakfast. Tables will be hosted by community officers, so you can easily find people who share your interests. You should have received an email with a ticket.
- Your badge is your electronic business card. Use the INFORMS Meetings mobile app to scan the badges of people you meet, so you can connect later.
Above all, don’t hesitate to ask staff, volunteers, and your fellow attendees if you have questions. We want this to be a memorable experience for you – and the first of many with INFORMS!